Sunday, November 15, 2009

Stories I never told.......

Tonight, while fiddling with my camera, trying to restore the default settings, I found some pictures in the internal memory that I'd never downloaded. So the next few posts will be dedicated to telling some stories I never told. Think of it as a blast from the past.

These below were taken back in October of last year. My parents drove a moving truck from Baton Rouge to Huntsville to deliver our new (old, but new to us!) piano. Remember my friend Lauren from the LSU weekend? Well, her family graciously offered us a piano that they didn't have a current place for. I was overjoyed to get it! The pictures below were taken as it was being unloaded in the house. This won't be funny to anyone who wasn't there but I'll tell it anyway.
The Penske truck was plenty large enough, as you can see. I'm not sure what size piano we thought we were getting, but thankfully, the truck space was sufficient.
Our standard "ask a favor" friend, Rick, came over to help unload. We have two friends named Rick. One is a longtime friend of Jeff's from Auburn. We call him simply, Rick. The other Rick is a guy that helped us do all our renovations, built our deck, etc. We call him Reek. Rick, but said with a heavy drawl. Kind of like the difference in log and lawg, dog and dawg, catch and ketch, pen and paaan. So this was Rick, not Reek. (Side note: I've said before, we use certain codes in our house.....you should try it, it can be really fun. My friend Amanda introduced me to it. We had all sorts of codes for different things, mostly names of people. It's like having top secret security clearance among your friends. Remember Jesse Dixon? You know what he was....see there's an example of code.)







The funny part of this story is that it took about 35 minutes and 450 shifts from forward to reverse, moving inches at a time, to line the truck up (perfectly! as you can see above) to the back door and then only about 2.5 minutes to move the piano from the truck into the dining room. Then another 20 or so minutes to get the truck back down the driveway. Lots of anticipation for getting that thing through the door, but they finally did!
Okay, so not as funny as I'd remembered, but still worth telling.
-Nini
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: