Thursday, November 12, 2009

Sick baby



I took this sweet baby to the ER this morning about 5:15. Last night I noticed he was sounding a little hoarse, but he slept well during the night. At about 4:45 he woke up crying and coughing and sounded so pitiful. I could tell he had a fever too, so after feeding him and observing a little longer, Jeff and I decided he needed to be seen by a doctor. I opted for the ER over my regular pediatrician because our other two were still asleep, and the thought of getting them up, fed, dressed and off to MDO and then having to take the baby to the doctor was a lot to think about. What if he got worse? It seemed easier to take him right then while Jeff was home to help out with V and B. However, I must say, when I was told about our new "ER deductible," I would've much rather paid the $35 co-pay at Dr. Fields' office.

We are so grateful that John Calvin only has croup and should be feeling better after a few days of TLC. I'm making vegetable soup right now, he can't eat it of course, but it sure will make ME feel better! ;)

On another note, Jeff had Veteran's Day off yesterday and we enjoyed a weekday with Daddy at home. He kept the kids while I went to bible study - they were quick to tell me what a good time they had. Variety is the spice of life!

Lately I've been trying to think of 10 things a day that I'm thankful for. It's something we were challenged to do in our bible study. Can you think of 10 things to thank the Lord for today?

Thank you, Lord, for:
1. Convenient, modern medicine and the money to pay for it.
2. A reliable husband who lovingly cares for my children in my absence.
3. Crisp morning air - which helped calm JC's cough.
4. coffee - certainly one of life's pleasures
5. the beauty of fall colors, how they testify to Your majesty!

5 more as the day goes on - shouldn't be too hard!

0 comments: