This is day two at home with our new baby boy, John Calvin Brown. Everything has run as smooth as silk, but we've had LOTS of help. My parents have been here helping out, my mom for two weeks now. I have really had it easy so far with someone to do all the laundry, feed the children, clean up after meals, make me rest like I should, etc.
Our hospital experience was wonderful. I loved the privacy and attention I got at Crestwood.
We got there early Monday morning and very quickly were all "hooked up" in the hospital bed. The original plan was to start 1 hour of pitocin and see if it would jump start labor. Well, that never happened, and as late as 4:30 p.m. the nurses were still increasing it a little at a time. I was making VERY slow progress, having contractions about 3 minutes apart. Jeff and I kept looking at one another and I knew we both were thinking, "when will this finally happen?" I knew I was getting closer when I told Jeff if I heard that big mac commercial McDonald's is running one more time, I was going to throw something through the TV. Irritation is a definite symptom of labor. The TV was turned off and 3 hours later...........still no baby. At about 5 p.m., the doctor broke my water and that really moved things along quickly. He was born at 5:23. 
Here he is all strapped up and ready to go! Now that we're home, the real work begins. My mom reminded me earlier in the week, "getting them here is the easy part." So true!
0 comments:
Post a Comment