Our baby boy is 6 days old, and already looking like he's going to have his own look. All throughout this pregnancy, Jeff and I talked about who this baby would look like. Whether V or B, or completely different. Here, I think he looks a little like my brother did when he was a baby. More than that, I can see V and B both in his face. It's so exciting to see him change every day. I know my parents will not believe how different he looks, they just left yesterday and already he's changed!! We'll be sure to keep the pictures coming.
So far things have gone smoothly. He's had a little bit of a gassy tummy but thanks to mylicon and gripe water, we've been able to control the fussing. We're not bothered by the crying, we are more concerned about his soothing his discomfort. We've tried to explain to Virginia that babies cry sometimes. She shows such genuine concern over every noise he makes and is quick to run over and begin her mantra "It's okay sweetie, it's okaaaaay." Benjamin has really come around too. He was pretty cool about it all the first day. Now, he's much more interested and seems to love hearing John Calvin make baby sounds. He mimicks the little high pitched coos and then giggles with delight. We are looking forward to seeing these two boys become beloved brothers and playmates.
I enjoyed the sweetest moment tonight with all three of them. In the rocking chair, I held John Calvin in my arms, Benjamin on my knee with Virginia seated in a chair beside us. I read a book to all three of them, not really hearing myself, as my mind raced and tried to commit each passing second to memory. I really feel that God gave me a very special gift in this moment. The last few days I've experienced a rollercoaster of emotions; elation, joy, exhaustion, impatience, to name a few. Tonight I was reminded of how very brief this time is and how every moment is time I'll never have again. There's certainly much to look forward to, but Jeff and I are trying not to look forward too far.

3 comments:
He has changed! Can't wait to get my hands on him again.
Congrats! Jeff and Denise. He's precious---can't wait to meet him in person. Y'all will continue to be in our prayers as you make the transition to a family of 5! Glad to hear that you liked Crestwood. My standards might be a little too high after experiencing that with our first. Not sure another hospital could live up to it!
Oh, D. I am so glad to hear this news and your update. I miss you and can't wait to get these two new babies together...almost 7 days apart EXACTLY (Kate being born at 4:43 p.m. and all). I can't wait to talk to you to share all the details...
Post a Comment