Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Week One down.....


John Calvin is one week old. I have to admit to feeling a little spoiled. He's a sleeper. I suppose I shouldn't proclaim this too hastily. Let me restate: at least this first week, he's been a sleeper. In fact, the past two days he'd been so sleepy I was beginning to get concerned. But then this afternoon, after I got the other two settled down for naptime, he was wide awake and we had a long talk. He even smiled at me! Not a gassy smile, the ones that are so cute but then might immediately be followed by an equally cute frown. This was a real smile. Just a little turn of the mouth while we talked about what a handsome boy he is. Virginia first smiled at me when she was 6 weeks old. I have a great picture of her as an infant with the biggest smile on her face.


Jeff and I talked last night about what the world will be like if John Calvin has Virginia's personality. Watch out world!
Tonight, Jeff and Benjamin are going to the Auburn Club dinner and Virginia and I are having a girls' night in. We're going to paint toenails, watch Mary Poppins and give John Calvin a bath. These are all things she'll LOVE doing, and I'm really looking forward to giving her lots of attention. Lately I've really felt pulled between the three of them. There are things I've tried to continue doing, bedtime routine things, but she's lost her place on my lap in some ways. So, tonight it'll be the girls together doing fun stuff and giving the new baby some attention too. V is a good little mama and also a very girly girl. Although she resists letting me "do up" her hair sometimes, hopefully she'll get over that because I love the way little girls look with ribbons in their hair.
Benjamin is wearing his Bo Jackson Auburn jersey tonight and there'll be pictures posted to detail all the night's festivities. I'm sure Jeff and I will fight over who gets to keep the camera because he wants to get a picture of B with Aubie and I want it too. We'll see who wins out!


Posted by Picasa

0 comments: