This is a non-update update. The news is, there is no news. And so it's life as usual around here. Except that my clean house keeps getting dirty and has to be cleaned up again. Every time I feel a strange movement or sensation, I jump up and start wiping down counter tops, picking up toys, sweeping furiously, straightening bed linens, freshening bathrooms. It's become a form of mania.
This picture was taken a few days before V was born. Jeff and I were joking around one night and he wrote an eviction notice on my tummy. Later, I tried to scrub it off with a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. Did you know you can google that product and find all sorts of articles on skin burns and abrasions? Well, of course, I didn't know that before.........but I know now. I truly believe the Mr. Clean people could send the laser tattoo removal businesses belly up if they advertised the power that little white sponge has on human skin. Horrific. The nurses thought I'd been badly burned or had some type of severe rash. I don't recommend Sharpie on skin unless you're prepared to let it wear off gradually.
Weeeeeeell, I've taken the blog back from Rambo for a while. So it'll be "girly" stuff for a while longer. Today I had "art class" with the children and will post pictures of that tonight. It was fun - B didn't try to eat the paint and only rubbed it in his hair twice. V kept complimenting herself. "B, you're doing good, your painting is good. Mine is B-u-ti-FUL, mine is gorgeous, isn't mine gorgeous Mommy? B, yours is good." I assured B later that his was beautiful and gorgeous too.

1 comments:
You can have the baby now, I'm home. She'll come soon since she was just waiting for my return.
It would be funny if we started calling inductions...evictions. After all, it has to feel like an eviction for the baby. One moment they are warm and cozy and then.....
Post a Comment