If you have been following this rather "girly" blog of babies, decorating, tea parties, etc., I'm sorry to disappoint you that it is now taking a more "manly" theme - There's a new sheriff in town. Ladies, tell your husbands. My new obsession is thinning out the squirrel and chipmunk population in Blossomwood. These pests have been consistently digging in my new garden and before they destroy it, I plan to destroy them. When I took Virginia outside to show her the squirrel I shot today, she asked "Daddy, where's the bear you shot"? (I think she is remembering a Laura Ingalls story about the bear). I had to explain that it was a squirrel and not a bear, but I'm sure I still appear very manly in her eyes. When I told her it was a "mommy squirrel" all she could say over and over was "poooooor squirrel".
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Manly Blog
If you have been following this rather "girly" blog of babies, decorating, tea parties, etc., I'm sorry to disappoint you that it is now taking a more "manly" theme - There's a new sheriff in town. Ladies, tell your husbands. My new obsession is thinning out the squirrel and chipmunk population in Blossomwood. These pests have been consistently digging in my new garden and before they destroy it, I plan to destroy them. When I took Virginia outside to show her the squirrel I shot today, she asked "Daddy, where's the bear you shot"? (I think she is remembering a Laura Ingalls story about the bear). I had to explain that it was a squirrel and not a bear, but I'm sure I still appear very manly in her eyes. When I told her it was a "mommy squirrel" all she could say over and over was "poooooor squirrel".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Wow. Squirrel carnage on this blog. I never thought I'd see the day. Welcome, Jeff Brown to the blogging world! That's an impressive start, I must say!
The cruelty police are going to come after you, Mr. Brown. You can't do that, it's 2009. We don't kill squirrels, only babies in the womb. What's wrong with you man!
All I can say is AWESOME. And I just grunted.
-Ronzo
Post a Comment