Monday, May 18, 2009

Night #1: Success!



Hooray! We made it all night! They did beautifully (once we finally got them down) and slept all night without any interruptions. JB remarked how sweet it was to think of them in the same room and I felt the same way. So, we press on! What finally worked was just checking on them every few minutes and continuing to enforce that they stay in the right bed. We have a twin with a trundle and B sleeps on top with a rail and V is on the trundle down below. I said over and over again, "B this is your bed, you must stay up here, and V this is your bed and you stay down here." Then I sang "Jesus Loves Me" about 42 times in the dark and snuck out. Moments later we hear peals of laughter coming from the room and have to start the process all over again.....after two or three strong admonitions to "stop laughing," I think they knew we weren't giving in and by 9:30 all was quiet. The only hitch to speak of was that they were both awake at 5:59 a.m. and up and out of bed 15 seconds after that. Hopefully that'll get better as they adjust to being in the same room.
Next on the agenda: moving the beds around, getting the baby's room ready, cleaning up the house and a final trip to Target to get labor started. (that's the last place we went the night before Benjamin was born)

2 comments:

Penny said...

I'm so glad it worked for you! I know these kinds of things can be stressful, especially with the added pregnancy hormones. If Target does the trick for you, I may start going every day. :)

Laura said...

Love your blog, too, and relate to almost all your funny stories and just the mundane things: the necessity of constant sweeping this time of year, thinking for weeks about seemingly big issues (room sharing, etc.) My big worry at present is getting rid of a paci, and room sharing is not far down the road. Will be thinking of you as baby #3 comes!