Thursday, April 16, 2009

Soliciting opinions and other things......

Hi friends! Let me catch you up:

This week, B unrolled an entire roll of toilet paper (called tull-up at our house) in the floor of the bathroom and later V used ALL of it to wipe. Did you know an entire roll of tull-up will soak up every ounce of water in the bowl, now you can mark that off your list of weird science experiments. I had to fish the clump out with a wooden spoon and put it in a bucket to dispose of it. I know you'll all be wondering next time I'm stirring something in front of you....."Is THAT the spoon???" Let me assure you my dish water gets VERY hot and I've disinfected the spoon....just kidding, I threw it away. Then, later that same day, when a lady from church came by to visit, V led her straight to the bathroom and detailed the story to her. I only heard the last of it, "....and then my mommy got it out with a spoon and a bucket." So, if you are ever wondering what happens here, just ask V, but beware, you may learn something you'd rather not have known.

Secondly, I'm revamping my life. As in, beginning to live out of a binder. Several binders in fact. Y'all know I'm not one of those naturally organized people, I really have to work at it and so I've begun trying to get better organized just so regular life can happen here. Clean socks, clean undies, plenty of milk, an extra roll of tull-up here and there in case one gets wasted......you get it. I went to Staples and got three really fun polka-dot binders, lots of page protectors, folders, and a 3 hole punch. I also got a calendar. Now this is where it gets interesting....has anyone ever bought a calendar mid-year? Usually you get one and just bypass the months that have already passed right? Well I get home, open up this calendar and the first month is September 2009. What is the deal with that? I feel cheated. Why if you're selling calendars in April, would you stock one that begins 5 months in the future???? So much for that EASY button, Staples. Easy button-schmutton.
These, among other things, are what makes me feel the end times are swiftly approaching. I'm ready though.

The rest of the week is uneventful for us - I'm having a makeover on Saturday. So come and visit me at Belk around 10:30 if you want. Also, I've spent $130 in recent days on new shoes for my children. Look at them, enjoy seeing them new b/c none of the other children will ever have new shoes....we're going to be a hand-me-down family. This may mean my girls will be wearing white after Labor Day if there is nothing else in the pile that fits. Just warning you. One of those fashion people on Oprah said this rule no longer exists anyway.

Here is the opinion I'm soliciting:
What do you think we should do about sleeping arrangements in our house once #3 debuts?
Here are the options:
1)Girl and boy both in her room, one sleeps on the trundle (incidentally, I'm pretty sure it won't raise up to the height of the other bed.....I bought it second hand) the baby boy would possibly need a rail if on the top so as not to roll off onto the bottom bed. (this is the most economical change since it won't require any new purchases, nor moving of any furniture)

2)Everyone stays put and new baby sleeps in our room in pack-n-play for as long as possible.......maybe until boy turns 2 (October)

3)Exchange twin bed for baby bed in each room, so that girl and boy are sleeping in one room, she's on the double bed, it's old and very high, and he's in the twin. Baby is in smallest room in baby bed. Everyone does fruit basket turnover when guests come.

4)Get bunk bed (twin over full) at Costco, completely change set up so that girl and boy are together in larger room, double bed and baby bed are in the smallest room. (the bunks are $1000 at Costco) This sounds the best to me b/c the room is big and I could make it the bedroom/playroom for the older children......however the $1000 is one obstacle and also having to move furniture, redecorate, etc. Not such a big deal, but more of a leap than the other options. Plus I'm not sure how they'd do sleeping together in one room......not to mention nap time! I don't even want to think about that.

1 comments:

Ashley Turnbull said...

Do you know how thrilled I was to see this pop up on Google Reader?! Welcome back, D! I've missed you! Greeeaattt post! And, I am so jealous of your makeover - maybe I need one, too :-) Keep the blogs a'comin'!