Sunday, November 9, 2008

Funny things from the mouth of Virginia


Here are a few funny stories that have happend at our house lately.


The other day I got a catalog in the mail that had several Nativity scenes for sale. As I browsed through it, Virginia was looking on and we began to talk about the birth of Jesus. So I showed her the Nativity scene and asked her to identify baby Jesus. She found him right away of course and then pointing to Mary, I said "And who is this?" to which she replied "baby Jesus' mommy."
"Yes, I said, but what is her name?"
Virginia paused slightly, and then very softly said "Mrs. God?"

Then this morning Jeff was reading the paper and she likes to look on and even hold a section of the paper and "read" from it. So this morning she had a page and Jeff overheard her saying "Sarah Palin." He was puzzled and went over to her and sure enough there was a picture of Sarah Palin in the paper and she was pointing her out! I think this is an indication that I've watched too much election coverage in the past few weeks.

0 comments: