Sunday, October 18, 2009

Still here..........some catch up and random thoughts


Things are always pretty interesting around here these days. This weekend I got a big box (pictured above) and told everyone to find 5 things that needed to be thrown away. The house was a mess and I wanted to get the whole family involved in the clean up. When I returned to the kitchen to throw in a few of my items, I found one of my good throw pillows and a treasured children's book at the bottom of the box........I quickly realized my children are too young to understand what constitutes "garbage."
Benjamin loves to walk around in Jeff's boots. They are steel toe and therefore very heavy...he can barely take a step in them. We do make him wear clothes most of the time. Virginia is a little socialite in training. She's always walking around in princess heels, wearing jewelry, carrying a purse and talking into her play phone. Most of the time she says it's Sophie on the phone, but sometimes it's her older brother Josh. When we ask why Josh doesn't live here or show up for family meals she explains it's because he's old enough to live by himself. She told me the other day he knows lots of things and doesn't need a mommy anymore.

A nice man Jeff works with had his sweet wife knit these hats for the children. We think they're great!

Benjamin turns 2 next week. (sigh.....)

In the two months since I've posted pictures, John Calvin has gone from looking like this:


to this:


There's more but it's too much to type in one post. :)

2 comments:

Amy said...

Miss Amy needs a date with Virginia to get ice cream so she won't think I'm always the bossy older sister.

Nini Brown said...

True! I almost died trying to hold in my laughter....she was going to name me as the other one but I'm sure she didn't have the courage. I wish you could've seen the look on her face when she was thinking. "I think one is named Amy." Hilarious!