Virginia had her first official beauty shop haircut today.
Kelly Gunn at Tallulah's in Five Points does my hair and she has a daughter Virginia's age, so I knew she'd be great with Virginia.
And she was, she talked to her the whole time and Virginia pretty much sat perfectly still. I really wish I could've recorded the whole thing. It was the longest she's ever sat still since the day she was born.
That's why we call her the wiggler!
Today there was a lady in there that wasn't as aware as I'd have liked of the little 3 year-old ears that were soaking up everything she said. She said "O.M.G." about 35 times in 6 minutes.
Oh well.
I'm not so self-righteous to pretend everything she hears our of our mouths is "G-rated" either...... :)
Last night Jeff knocked over his glass and somehow it fell towards him and splashed him all over with wine. It was like in the movies when someone tosses their glass onto the shirt of another person in disgust............it just flew out of the glass, all over his shirt. He got soaked.
Oh dear.
'Cept he didn't say dear.
Incidentally, somewhere I picked up the habit of saying "biscuit" when something unexpected happens. Like if I drop an egg on the floor and it breaks, I say "biscuit!" Where did I get that? I have no idea, I just started saying it. Does anyone else have a strange word they use in place of a swear? Just wondering........I've heard one friend say "spit."
I guess it's obvious what that is a replacement for, but biscuit?

1 comments:
I want to go there just to say that someone named Tallulah cuts my hair!
Noah learned some interesting expressions that the under 8 crowd are using these days at his tennis lesson on Monday.....
"What the fork?' was one. At least Noah doesn't know what this replaces. Lord help us!
Post a Comment