Friday, July 17, 2009

Catching up......el dos







John Calvin turned one month old!

Last Monday.
(Thank you Amy for the great pictures!! You're the best!)
I'm quite behind with things here on the blog. I've promised posts that haven't materialized........they were well thought out and half written in my brain, but now a week or two weeks later - whoosh! Like the last 3 items on my mental grocery list, they are gone and never to be thought of again.

Jeff and I are on a 'staycation' this weekend. Virginia and Benjamin have gone down to south Alabama to visit their grandparents. So John Calvin and I are holding down the fort. We've had a ton of fun so far - done lots of running around and even tackled some projects here at home. There are still numerous things on my list however. We have one day of free time left. (I've gotten really spoiled in the short 24 hours they've been gone so far......it makes me laugh to think how busy I thought I was back when Virginia was a newborn, this seems like a cake-walk compared to my recent "new normal")
I got my hair done today - HOORAY, no more ratty 3 inch roots! Also, I had John Calvin's 6 week portraits taken today. He cried the first 15 minutes we were there but then smiled and looked cute just like a baby should.

We're celebrating Friday nights like we used to as newlyweds. Right now we've got one of our favorite concert DVD's on, Jeff's making G&T's and I'm about to go hold my crying baby. BYE!

(Look HERE for some darling photos of our kids and their friends at the downtown fountains)

1 comments:

Ashley Turnbull said...

NOOOO! I want to be your personal photographer!!! Please let me take some pics of the kiddos sometime - I need the practice!!!

Great to see you today...must do more often!!