Saturday, June 20, 2009

James Stewart, not "Jimmy Stewart"


I love old movies and James Stewart is by far my favorite actor. Not only was he a great actor, but a war hero during World War II who retired from the USAF Reserves as a Brigadier General. Can you name anyone in Hollywood today who compares to him? Of course not.

Tonight Denise and I watched Anatomy of a Murder. This is one of Stewart's best performances. He should have won an Academy Award for his role, but lost to Charlton Heston in Ben-Hur. I'm sure all of the lawyers also love this movie for its great courtroom dialogue. The Judge almost steals the show.

Everyone called him Jimmy Stewart, but his film credits always read James Stewart. He is definitely one of my heroes!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Yes, he was the best!

Amy said...

Happy Father's Day to Jeff...forgot to tell him this morning.