Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Extreme Makeover: BLITZ!


Who wants to come over and help me turn my daughter's room into this??? I need to paint her bed white, sew a new duvet cover, shop the bargain stores for a rug, and sew tons of ruffles on lots of little accent pillows. Then.............



I'm going to use these two precious lambs as my inspiration for the other bedroom. I have a picture here at home (click HERE for the page spread) that I LOVE (in the May/June 2008 Southern Lady if anyone gets that besides me.....) I already have the female lamb in this pair, and she is precious. I fell in LOVE with the taffeta skirt and satin bow, and the pearls - okay I love everything about her! I have wanted to do a child's room in these colors, green, brown, and cream for a while now.
In this room I need to sew green pinch pleat panels, paint the ceiling green, find a rug............why am I doing all this now you ask?
Because here I am 17 days from my due date and I found out at my appointment today I'm already dilated!
So................it's major blitz time around here! We're starting some major cleaning and prep stuff tonight.
First on the agenda: Mandatory trip to the mall to buy nightgowns, a robe and matching slippers courtesy of JB's mother. I have to brag on her here........before V was born, she took me shopping to about 4 different places until I'd found 4 or 5 pajama outfits, two pair of precious slippers, and then at my shower she gave me a gorgeous nursing gown. When B was born, I used all that same stuff but today she told me to go get some new pajamas and "send her the bill." Now who would pass up that opportunity??? You maybe, but not me! So, we're off! NOW in fact! I'll take pictures once we get back.................more to come about the decorating.
Anyway - I'm "progressing"!!! Hooray! (but I still need about a week to get ready so we're not rushing anything along)

1 comments:

Karli said...

Love the two rooms! Wish I was in HSV to help you, this is right up my alley...I love quick home makeovers!