#5 I love heirloom roses. As in OLD roses, ancient roses, we're talking roses Cleopatra carried in Rome and roses smelled by Empress Josephine. An heirloom rose is not the same as a tea rose. Tea roses are pretty but an heirloom rose has a story. My family has an heirloom rose called "The Bevill Rose" and I cannot wait to plant it. I've been putting off planting one for a while now thinking I would rather do it somewhere permanent, but why wait? My parents are bringing it in May. Here are some books about heirloom roses or "lost roses" on my wish list.
#6 When I turn 30, I will dress exclusively in J.Jill clothing.
I pronounced this in my senior Memories book as something "courageous" I'd like to do. Let me let that sink in with you.What a joke, right - can anyone spell "superficial?" I highly doubt an answer like mine is what the author intended when he penned the question. He was hoping to inspire young graduates to do great things. Climbing Everest, serving in the peace corps or maybe as a missionary, skydiving.......these are the things my classmates wrote, I'm sure of it. But for me, J.Jill was a real risk, and for some reason I knew I'd be ready once I turned 30. And oddly enough, here, 8 months shy of that milestone birthday, I think the above outfit will probably be a good 4th trimester look for me. Something about these clothes look a lot like pajamas to me. I know linen is supposed to represent a billowy, carefree look......but I just can't help but think of bedtime when I see some of the "outfits" in J.Jill.
We'll see how this works out. I'm going to have to muster some major bravado to swallow their prices, that is certain.
0 comments:
Post a Comment