Edit: another blessing of togetherness.....my unfinished blog posts get posted w/out my knowing ;) I was going to add pictures and more to the story, but I'll just do it in another post later this week. Cheers Peeps~
We've been spending a great deal of time together lately. Jeff has been home with us a lot and that has been a very good thing, for several reasons. I've had lots and lots of extra help around the house and I'm already spoiled to it and also having to watch myself....."Honey, can you do ______________ for me?" "JB, can you get that?" "The baby needs ______________, can you get it?" It has been really easy to ask a lot of him while he's been home and thankfully, he's been more than willing to oblige, but being the go-fer has to get old, and I'm going to try this week to be a little more independent even though I've gotten used to having a wingman to pick up my slack.
Another reason it's been great is that we've enjoyed a lot of sweet family time. We often pray that our children's hearts will be "anchored to our home" and this last week together has been sanctifying in that we've seen a little return on our investment in training and discipline and had time to reflect on it and even team up for some good instruction with both children. We've got a long way to go though and we've had many discussions about diligence and consistency.
I read recently that one of the greatest enemies of a mother at home is distraction. This rings true in my life. There are so many things that have to be done and another list of things that I'd like to do when I have a free minute. Trying to fit all this is in not only unrealistic, but counterproductive and simply not a wise use of my time. So there has been a blessing of accountability too this week; with Jeff at home, I don't feel as free to dilly-dally in the time stealing activities that keep me frayed at the ends, and as a consequence have enjoyed the fruits of my labors much more fully because tasks are complete!
This weekend we visited family in Dothan. It was a great weekend, sunny and warm, just what we needed to chill out from this long winter. The kids had a blast, we played outside all day Friday and Saturday went to Spring Farm Day at Landmark Park. All this was so much fun for everyone, but my favorite part came right before we left to go home: Jeff's dad hasn't been well and there's been some illness in my family also, so during prayer time with the kids, we've prayed for healing and wellness for different loved ones. {Prayer time is something I know is important, but I'm sometimes a long winded pray-er and couple this with the short attention spans of toddlers......it's easy to get frustrated and give up.} But, I know the Holy Spirit is at work along side us and on Sunday the sweetest thing happened, something that helped us see that God is at work in the hearts of our children, even if they sometimes don't make it through prayer time.
Benjamin asked to say the blessing at Sunday lunch, and this is how it went:
B: Dear God.......tank you for food...........and all the blessings............tank you for Jesus....(which is some of the blessing we have practiced with him at meal times)
and then he added: and please help Popsy feel better A-MEN!!
Monday, March 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Isn't it a blessing when they imitate the good things we do, instead of the bad? God is merciful!!
Post a Comment